Alan Godfrey Maps
Liscard & Egremont 1898Code:
Godfrey Map Number 07.11. This map fits below the map of New Brighton 1909 (Code 3412). One third of the map, to the right, is the River Mersey, there is a mixture of terraced, semi & detached houses, and some wooded areas and fields. It includes: Upper Brighton (part), Cemetery & Mortuary Chapel off Rake Lane, Liscard Pumping Station (Wallasey Water Works); Clifton Hall, Wallasey Free Grammar School, St.Mary’s Church
& Friends Meeting House all on Withen’s Lane, a Mariners Home on Egremont Promenade. etc.