Alan Godfrey Maps
Godfrey Map Number 95.15. Lancashire: Wardley 1907. Wardley lies some six miles west of Manchester, between Swinton, Worsley and Walkden. The oldest feature on the map is Wardley Hall, the history of which can be traced back to the 13 century. The Great Hall dates from around 1500, and was formerly completely surrounded by the moat. The hall was bought by the Duke of Bridgewater in 1760, and is now the residence of the Bishop of Salford. Includes:- Linneyshaw Farm; Moss Farm; Thirlmere Aqueduct, Roe Green Cotton Mills, Cricket Ground and St Charles School on Moorside Road; Swinton Cemetery etc.