Manchester, St. Cuthbert's (RC) Church Baptisms 1874-1919 (Download)Code:
St Cuthbert's is the parish church of the district of Withington, within the Roman Catholic Diocese of Salford. The Mission, originally dedicated to the Holy Ghost, was opened in 1874 under Fr Seth Clarkson. Building of the present church was started in 1881 and completed in 1902. During the late 1970s the church interior was entirely modernised.
The first two volumes of baptism registers cover 45 years from the church’s foundation until 1919
Members of the Irish Ancestry Branch of Manchester & Lancashire FHS have, by kind permission of the Diocese, transcribed details of the 1,235 baptisms recorded in the registers.
The transcript provides full details as contained in the register and is accompanied by an index to the 5,628 names of children, parents and godparents which appear in the entries. Scanned images of the registers concerned are also included.
Please note that this file is about 330 Mb in size and so may take some time to download.