Alan Godfrey Maps
St Helens (Blackbrook & Parr) 1906Code:
Godfrey Map Number 101.14. This map fits to the right of the map of St Helens (NE) 1892 (Code 3910). Blackbrook is in the top left corner of the map, the main housing estate running along both sides of Blackbrook Road. In this area is St. Mary’s Convent, St. Mary’s RC Church, Blackbrook House Industrial School and Christ Church (Congregational) Sunday School. The bottom left corner of the map is Parr Ward, the housing is along Broad Oak Rd. and Charnwood St. It includes: Baxter Works (Chemical), Navigation Chemical Works and St. Peter’s Church. Part of the Haydock Estate is top right of the map. Housing is along Clipsley Lane Rest of the map is open lands & a few wooded areas. It includes: St. Helens Canal, Sankey Brook, various railway lines, Parr Colliery (Southport Pits). There is list of residents on the back of the map. etc.