Alan Godfrey Maps
Central Liverpool 1890 Coloured editionCode:
The coloured editions of the Alan Godfrey maps show buildings in red, streets and roads in beige, water is blue, if there are trees there is a bit of green, and where there are boundaries they are shown in yellow. This map is an earlier version of Code 3206 Central Liverpool 1906. There are a few differences to the later edition, the Kings Docks and Wapping Dock plans are different, a Spring Mattress Works on Arrad St./off Hope St. changes to Stables in 1906, in Derby Square a Church has gone and is now a Memorial in 1906. The Royal Infirmary, University College and Liverpool Workhouse are still there. It includes: St. Nicholas Church and Royal Exchange on Chapel St., Cathedral Church of St Peter Lord St., St Luke’s Church Leece St., St John’s Church St Johns Lane, Grand Hotel St George’s Place, Lime St. Station, Central Station, Grand Theatre and Blue Coat Hospital School Lane, Phoenix Foundry (Iron & Brass) Lydia Ann St. various mills, etc.