Alan Godfrey Maps
Godfrey Map Number 106.06. Liverpool: Kirkdale 1906. From a small village Kirkdale had, by the end of the 19th century, become the most densely populated area of Liverpool, accommodating a substantial part of Liverpoors dock system audits dependent industry. Already in the l870s it had a population of nearly 33,000 and by 1908 it was covered by streets of terrace housing. Terraced houses cover the whole of the map with the Dockland to the left and continuing on the reverse side of the map. Includes: Kirkdale Recreation Ground; Stanley Park; St Chats Church; Eveston Alley, St Aiden’s Church; Latham Street; St Edward’s R.C.College; St George’s Church & Graveyard; Northumberland Terrace; City Hospital North; etc.