Alan Godfrey Maps
Salford (West) & Pendleton 1889 (Coloured edition)Code:
This coloured edition is an earlier version of Code 3132 Salford (West) 1910. The main differences are in the Seedley area. . Seedley Bleach Works was there but many houses did not exist on either side of Liverpool Street in 1889. It includes: Victoria Mills, St Luke’s Church, Cricket Ground, St Ambrose’s Church, Congregational Church – all in the Seedley area. It also includes Duchy Dye Works, St Anne’s Schools (Girls & Infants) & (Boys), Excelsior Glass Works, Crescent Iron Works, Manchester, Bolton & Bury Canal, L & Y.R. Pendleton & Hindley Railway, etc. On the reverse side of the map is a list of inhabitant & businesses on Ellor St., High St., & West High St. (from Slater’s Directory of 1889). The buildings are coloured in Red, streets and roads in Beige, water is Blue and trees Green.