Welcome to the MLFHS Online Shop
Cart 0
Manchester (SW) 1916

Alan Godfrey Maps

Manchester (SW) 1916

Code:
£3.00

Godfrey Map Number 104.10b. This map is a later version of Manchester (SW) 1894 (Code 3111). It fits to the left of the map Manchester (SE) 1915 (Code 3110). 22 years on and there are a few changes here and there. In the top left corner, on Canal St., a block of houses is now a Goods Shed, at the lower end on this side, the Cavalry Barrracks off City Rd. is now a large Recreation Ground. Between Watson St. and Deansgate blocks of houses become G.N.R. Railway Goods Station and there are other changes where houses have made way for buildings. The map includes: part of Crescent Ward Salford, Castlefield, Gaythorn, Knott Mill, Cornbrook, part Chorlton upon Medlock. Also shows L & NWR railways Liverpool & Manchester and the Cheshire Lines. It includes: River Irwell and Bridgewater Canal. Churches are, St John’s Lower Byrom St.; St George’s Chester Rd.; St Matthew’s Liverpool Rd; All Saints Grosvenor Square; Holy Trinity Stretford Rd., etc. On the reverse side is a list of occupants on Oxford St., Peter St., St Peter’s Square and Tonman St, which have been extracted from Slater’s Directory of Manchester 1917,


Share this Product


More from this collection