Salford Diocesan Archive
Barton-upon-Irwell, All SaintsCode:
£14.40 inc VAT for customers within the EU
The registers commence in 1794 when the de Trafford family opened their private chapel at Trafford Hall to the local population and when their chaplain Fr James Haydock began to minister to the Mission, which in those days stretched from Salford to Warrington and to Bolton in the North, also encompassing the area now in Trafford and parts of Cheshire. The first chapel was opened in 1806, the second in 1812, with the present church being opened in 1867.
The CD contains details of 6287 baptisms up to 1911, 1074 marriages between 1832 and 1913 and 3224 confirmations between 1845 and 1912. As a bonus, the CD also contains details of the 495 confirmations which took place at the St Josephs Childrens Home, Patricroft between 1890 and 1915.