Manchester, St Chads (RC) ChurchCode:
£7.50 inc VAT for customers within the EU
St. Chad’s (RC) Church
Baptisms 1772-1820 & 1828-1893
The Roman Catholic Church of St. Chad was originally established on Rook Street, off Market Street, but moved when a new church was built at Cheetham Hill in 1847.
The registers of baptisms cover two periods with a gap between 1820 and 1828. During this period the church was closed and baptisms took place at St. Augustine’s, the baptism registers for which have been published on a companion CD.
Members of the Irish Ancestry Branch of Manchester & Lancashire FHS have, by kind permission of the Diocese, transcribed details of the 35,810 baptisms recorded in the registers.
The transcript provides full details as contained in the register or index and is accompanied by an index to the 168,631 names of children, parents and godparents which appear in the entries. Also included are scanned images of the registers concerned.